Our client is a unique startup with a clear mission to harness the power of artificial intelligence and computer vision for the visually impaired. They created an innovative, smart and wearable camera with an intuitive interface to enhance the daily lives of people with vision loss and provide them with much-needed independence.
This role is to cover the Midlands and be part of the UK sales and BD team. It is a combination of mostly indirect sales and some direct sales. Working with distributors, charities, and non-profits.
If you fit the requirements below and are looking to make a difference in people’s lives, are driven to succeed and want to join a young dynamic company, please send your cv and we will contact you for a confidential discussion.
• 3+ years’ experience in B2B business development, field sales, customer success and/or marketing in the low vision industry
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience as an optometrist or optician an advantage
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, people skills including negotiation and telephone etiquette
• Self-starter, dependable, must have strong time management skills
• Must be comfortable and experienced working with aged people and people with special needs
• Must be comfortable working out of home office with little supervision
• Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle as needed
Duties will include but not limited to the following:
• Drive business development and sales of products
• Manage relationships with distributors, resellers, local councils and government agencies, corporations, low vision organizations and clinics
• Promote awareness in the low vision eco-system by working with assistive technology agencies and community organizations
• Present and demonstrate to relevant organizations and potential users
• Collaborate on marketing activities and participate in events and trade shows
• Provide training on the use of the device, its benefits and its differentiated value for users and organizations
• Liaise daily with other team members, provide activity reports and participate in sales meetings or sales calls