Our client, one of the top 25 fastest growing companies on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 list, is a pioneering innovator introducing unique technology solutions to FMCG consumer insight and data intelligence. This privately owned,pre-IPO company operates in a high-energy, team-focused culture with plenty of opportunities to grow with the company. The company is proud to serve major global FMCG brands.
This role reports to Sales Director EMEA. This is full time, permanent position based in Central London.
He/she will be part of sales team responsible for new business development in the Retail & CPG. This
position will have a focus on winning new logos, achieve net new revenue, profitability, and collection
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- To ensure you achieve the quarterly and annual targets.
- A consultative approach in educating prospects on solutions offerings.
- Identify prospective clients & create the go to market plan for the identified territory and understanding of
technology and the Retail & CPG industry.
- Knowledge of domain area in order to strategize and craft solutions (along with pre-sales teams) to match
customer needs is essential.
- Generating business from campaigns and new accounts and build a platform to scale these into
multimillion dollar engagements.
- Provide accurate information/reports to Reporting manager within agreed timescales.
- Achieve high customer satisfaction and references and case studies to support future sales.
- Help prospects to create ROI analyses and Business Cases based on learnings and on the
prospect’s data at hand.
- Work closely with Account Managers to expand clients into new channels, categories and regions.
- Prepare and submit value-based proposals to prospects and clients, Present demonstrations with or
- Proactively look for new opportunities via cold calling and attending events, with ability to meet sales
- Update CRM regularly with the latest status on each lead, prospect and opportunity for pipeline
- Have frequent meetings with Sales Director to exchange findings and work on client-specific and generic
- Liaise closely with the Trax delivery team(s), to provide pre and post-sales support and assistance to
customers as required.
- “Hunter” mentality
- Individual should have direct contacts with CPG & Retail Industry.
- A “can do” attitude and willingness to go the extra mile when required.
- Target driven and strive for overachieving the sales quota.
- A successful and strong track record in opening and winning business at new client’s accounts/logos.
- A history of regularly achieving multi-million sales quota.
- Good knowledge of the UK & EMEA market and key drivers.
Energetic and wants to be part of an innovative fast-paced start-up environment.
- Ability to juggle and prioritize a high volume of workload and handle details accurately and in a timely
manner under pressure.
- Possess excellent communication skills and demonstrates proven capability to build relationships at all
levels especially at the CxO level.
- Comfortable and confident calling at the CIO, CTO, CMO & CFO levels of target companies.
Analytical and keeps up to date with market and technology trends.
- Consultative sales style, creative thinking with a pragmatic approach.
- Results orientated and highly organised.
- Self-motivated and a team player.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication in English; other languages are a plus/
- 5+ years’ experience in Business Development in the CPG industry and Retail industry.
- Commercial experience with data and insights-based sales or data solution offerings for enterprise