Our client is a pioneering innovator introducing unique technology solutions to FMCG consumer insight and data intelligence. This privately owned, pre-IPO company operates in a high-energy, team-focused culture with plenty of opportunities to grow with the company. With offices throughout APAC, EMEA, North America, and South America, the company is proud to serve global brands like Coca-Cola, ABInBev, Heineken, Nestle, and Henkel.
The Senior Presales Solutions Consultant Retail / CPG Software position sells solutions using technical, CPG / retail domain expertise from previous roles either working for a consumer packaged goods company or selling software into CPG companies as well as customer knowledge to influence customers in applying products/services to their needs, resulting in revenue generation. In addition, the position provides input and participates in the marketing, market planning and technical development of products and services.
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Management of Information Systems or equivalent experience
· 10yrs in a presales/sales engineering role for a software or SaaS provider selling to large/strategic customer segment a MUST
· 5 years of working for a CPG company or Retailer or selling enterprise software into CPG companies or retailers.
· Previous experience in developing and presenting technical product presentations in person, via the phone or the web required.
· Previous experience in requirements gathering, system analysis and writing functional specifications required
· Knowledge of systems integration, API’s, XML, JSON, HTML, and BI – preferred
· Fluent English is a must, additional European languages will be a plus.
· Strong customer facing skills, demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to business personnel
· Strong presentation skills
· Demonstrated analytical and technical abilities with the ability to dive into details without losing the “big picture”
· A team player with strong interpersonal skills, including organizational agility (non-political and team-oriented style with demonstrated success in matrix organization)
· Commercially savvy and technically aware of cloud computing and its principles
· Confident English speaker able to deal with prospects, clients and senior stakeholders
· Ability to travel as required
· Proactively scopes the functional and technical solution required to address customer business needs, by assessment of customers’ needs, and recommendation of solutions that optimize value for both the customer and Trax.
· Responsible for analyzing, consulting and positioning Trax solution opportunities (new and up/cross-sale) including system design, gap analysis and integration analysis
· Use industry experience to evaluate customer requirements and explain applicable business cases to prospects and align to potential ROI
· Assist sales in developing responses and proposals to prospective and existing customers, including RFI/RFP, SOW, technical queries and demonstrations
· Serve as liaison between client and sales personnel with Trax internal groups to streamline communications, analyze gaps and coordinate solutions scope and timelines.
· Develop and maintain technical presentations and other technical sales tools.
· Coach and mentor sales representatives for technical product knowledge
· Performs other incidental duties as assigned
· Prepare solution proposals and presentations
· Create, review and recommend solution offerings in Statement of work documents
· Investigate opportunities together with Account Managers in order to build business cases for clients to invest including upselling and change requests
· Review complex solutions such as platform/ applications integrations
· Run Solution workshops for with clients
· Liaise with Operations and Support teams to identify client improvements
· Present Project and Support SLA to clients
· Support client in Change Management process by providing field and back office training