Our client is the market leader in monitoring, self-healing, and analyzing customers' virtual environments, in the cloud or on-premises. They are a fast-growing company currently looking for great people to join them on the ride to be the next unicorn.
Reporting to the Director of FP&A, the FP&A Analyst will play a crucial role in supporting sales and go-to-market departments by managing sales commissions, sales forecasting, approving customer contracts, and reporting on sales KPIs. In addition, you will be responsible for budget control of sales and marketing spend and evaluating marketing activities' ROI, including events, media spend, and other marketing initiatives. This is a hybrid position with 2-3 days a week at their Ft. Lauderdale, FL office.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field (MBA or CFA is a plus).
• 2+ years of experience in financial analysis, preferably with a focus on sales commission calculations and forecasting.
• Proficiency in financial modeling, data analysis, and using financial software and tools.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
• Familiarity with CRM systems, ERP systems, and data visualization tools (e.g., Salesforce, NetSuite, Tableau) is an advantage.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
• Calculate and validate sales commissions for the sales team based on established commission structures.
• Collaborate with the HR department to ensure accurate payroll processing and commission disbursement.
• Continuously review and refine commission processes to align with changing business goals.
• Work closely with the sales and marketing teams to develop accurate and data-driven sales forecasts.
• Analyze historical sales data, market trends, and other relevant factors to predict future sales performance.
• Prepare reports and presentations on sales forecasts to assist in decision-making processes.
• Act as a strategic business partner to go-to-market leadership, providing financial insights and analysis to help drive strategic decisions.
• Collaborate with department heads to develop and monitor budgets, ensuring alignment with corporate goals and financial stability.
• Review and validate customer contracts to ensure accuracy and compliance with company policies.
• Coordinate with legal and sales teams to resolve any contract discrepancies or issues.
• Maintain an organized database of customer contracts for reference and audit purposes.
• Develop and maintain key performance indicator (KPI) reports for the sales team.
• Regularly track and report on sales performance metrics, such as revenue, customer acquisition, and product performance.
• Provide in-depth analysis of KPI data and offer recommendations for improvement.
• Collaborate with the marketing department to establish and monitor marketing budgets.
• Ensure marketing spend remains within budget constraints and provide regular financial updates to the marketing team.
• Analyze the return on investment (ROI) for marketing activities, including events, media spend, and other marketing initiatives.
• Provide insights and recommendations for optimizing marketing strategies based on ROI analysis.