Our client is a fast-growing, young, award-winning company in the space of cloud storage with high profile investors. Position can be based along the East Coast (home office, up to 40% travel in US) but location can be flexible.
The Senior Director of Services for North America role is a hands-on position with a focus on keeping clients satisfied with the company's services starting from delivery of complex deployment projects through maintaining the support SLA while leading the professionals responsible for getting services and support delivered to clients. This role requires vast and proven experience in the areas of customer relationship management, project management, delivery, and support, direct and matrix management capabilities and of course the ability to lead a global and scattered
The Senior Director of Services for North America is responsible for providing an exceptional delivery and support experience to our customers by developing employees and managing the day-to-day different professional services operations. Our managers must deliver excellent results and achieve goals quarter after quarter by building effective teams, creating operational standards, and driving strategic business planning.
The Senior Director of Services works closely with the North America Sales Organization including VP of NA Sales and Customer Account Teams and directly reports to the Global VP of Services in HQ abroad.
1) A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science or equivalent education in a related discipline
2) Proven experience in managing complete life cycle, complex enterprise implementations with end-to-end responsibility for project management and delivery, in storage companies
3) 10+ years of previous project management and/or relevant consulting experience driving large scale projects in a matrixed environment
4) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification - advantage
5) At least 5 years of people leadership experience
6) Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and adhere to business-critical deadlines
7) Quick and innovative thinking with the acumen to correctly interpret available data.
8) Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) along with good presentation skills at the CXO level.
9) Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor, proactive intervention, leading escalations when business results are at risk.
10) An impeccable record of accomplishment of delivering customer success.
Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of the business to ensure smooth progress
Responsible for the overall satisfaction of customers
Manage the delivery pipeline, by working closely with our sales team and externally with our customers while making sure we achieve our goals and exceed our customer expectations
Lead the planning, implementation, communication workflows and rollout of all the deployment projects
Manage escalated issues and provide leadership and direction in customer crisis situations; Proactively mitigate and resolve any customer concerns or escalations
Implement initiatives and processes to ensure that all work is completed according to scheduled deadlines with attention to quality standards, priorities, and overall goals
Actively train, coach, and develop the Service Delivery and Support teams
Set clear team targets and individual goals; hold teams accountable by driving performance management process
Develop and administer corrective action and performance improvement plans.
Monitor various productivity and performance standards to ensure that established levels are achieved, especially during critical activity periods
Improve and foster the Project Management Methodology and establish a culture of excellence in complex project management
Develops service level standards focused on response times and issue resolution
Improve the policies and procedures that produce high-quality customer service delivery and support which reflect industry best practices
Develop and maintain the implementation project plan and supporting documentation including but not limited to task assignments, training materials, report requirements, process flows, dashboard metrics, etc.
Review key project deliverables with team members and provide management accurate forecasts for project deliveries.
Ensures that your department needs are correctly prioritized in order to maintain customer expectations and SLA
Define, measure, monitor and analyze measurable Key Performance Indicator (KPI) that demonstrates how effectively the delivery but mainly the support teams are working on and define a correction plan when required.